Webinar - Exclude the Food, Not the Child
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Gina Clowes, FARE’s National Director of Training and Outreach, who will share best practices for managing food in school and at extra-curricular activities. Topics include:
- Why is the “safe snack box” often not the best choice for inclusion or safety
- How to manage multiple food allergies at lunch and snack time
- Where and how should birthdays be celebrated
- Who is responsible for food served in the classroom
- When and how should you disclose your child’s food allergies
- What are common accommodations for parties, proms, and PTO events
- And much more…
About the Presenter
Gina Clowes is the National Director of Training and Outreach for FARE, and former Program Director for a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). She is the founder of Allergy Moms support community serving thousands of families and professional members worldwide. A well-known speaker and trainer, her advice has appeared in numerous print, radio, and television features including CNN, People magazine and ABC World News. She writes a regular column, The Parenting Coach, for Allergic Living Magazine and is the author of the best-selling children’s book One of the Gang: Nurturing the Souls of Children with Food Allergies.
The slides from the presentation can be viewed here.