New Action Plan for Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Now Available

Emergency Care Plan - Spanish

FARE has released the new Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Emergency Care Plan, formerly the Food Allergy Action Plan. This written document outlines recommended treatment in case of an allergic reaction, signed by a child’s physician and includes emergency contact information. It should be on file for every student with food allergies.

The updated plan was revised by FARE’s new Education Working Group, a multidisciplinary group of food allergy experts that includes support group leaders, two members of FARE’s Medical Advisory Board, experienced parents of children with food allergies, an adult with food allergies, a dietitian, psychologist and a school nurse. The plan was approved by FARE’s Medical Advisory Board.

The document presents critical information including allergen(s), symptoms and treatment instructions in an easy-to-follow format—critical in an anaphylactic emergency.

Download the write-able PDF to see what the new plan looks like, and please let your physician, school nurse, or other parents know it is now available!

Hi Laura,

The Emergency Action Care Plan can be downloaded here: https://www.foodallergy.org/life-with-food-allergies/food-allergy-anaphylaxis-emergency-care-plan

Member for

48 years 11 months

Submitted by Pat Ketcham (not verified) on Tue, 02/13/2018 - 18:33

In reply to by Melissa Gomez (not verified)

My adult daughter has mastocytosis, but we would like a second opinion. Please help. We think she is using epi pens too often, several times a week.

Member for

48 years 11 months

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 05/21/2018 - 14:44

In reply to by Pat Ketcham (not verified)

FARE is not able to offer specific medical advice. If you are not already working with a board-certified allergist, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology can help connect you with one. http://allergist.aaaai.org/find/

Member for

48 years 11 months

Submitted by Jeanette Viti (not verified) on Sun, 04/29/2018 - 11:58

Please send me an action plan in Spanish, English and if any in Italian that would be great. If you do not have any in Italian, I will have one done in Italian myself. I have a child with allergies and would like to have this for myself. Thank you.

Member for

48 years 11 months

Submitted by Donna (not verified) on Sun, 04/29/2018 - 18:12

My son is allergic to all nuts, is there an action plan for a reaction? Also he is traveling to Italy, is there a translation guide he could use in italuan while he is there for foods?

Your allergist will be able to help you fill out your treatment plan. If you do not already have a board-certified allergist, American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology has a tool to help you find one. http://allergist.aaaai.org/find/

Member for

48 years 11 months

Submitted by Blanca Aponte (not verified) on Mon, 05/28/2018 - 20:03

I need to be better prepare in my preschool. Please send me Allergy awareness and any form for each student with condition.

Member for

48 years 11 months

Submitted by Marie C O'Doherty (not verified) on Wed, 08/22/2018 - 13:27

I have a FARE plan dated 5/2014 on the bottom but I was shown one that was updated to direct emergency responders, etc. to give Epi first if there is any doubt, as Benedryl won't stop the reaction. Why can't I find this new form on the FARE site? Thanks

Add new comment