College and University Food Service Staff Training
As a growing number of teens with food allergy begin attending college, it’s important that food service staff are prepared to provide a safe and enjoyable dining experience for their students with food allergies.
For the fall 2019 semester, FARE will offer free live online training to college and university dining staff, providing information on what they need to know about food allergies, preventing cross-contact and accommodating students with food allergies.
In this training, participants will learn how to:
- Identify the top food allergens
- Differentiate between a food allergy and a food intolerance
- Identify the characteristics of a food allergy reaction
- Identify ways to prevent cross-contact
- Describe basic food allergen safety procedures
- Identify ways to prepare food safely
- Demonstrate how to analyze a recipe to identify unsafe cooking procedures
Gather your entire dining department or select staff and take advantage of this free training. Colleges that have 50% or greater attendance will be eligible to receive a FARE training certificate valid for the academic year. There are currently two open sessions:
Tuesday, August 27, 10:00am to 11:30am ET – register here.
Thursday, August 29, 10:00am to 11:30am PT – register here.
If you are unable to attend one of the sessions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a different date or time.