Food Allergy Education and Research (FARE) is seeking a talented communicator to support FARE’s internal, executive and external communications needs. The ideal candidate will be passionate about FARE’s mission and will possess excellent organization, time management, strong written and verbal skills and has graphic design capabilities. We are looking for a motivated self-starter who can hit the ground running and will make vital contributions to the department’s objectives, including elevating the profile of food allergy as a serious public health disease.
The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, resourceful and will have experience with writing for leadership staff, media monitoring, editorial guidelines and newsletter writing. Experience with nonprofits, particularly patient advocacy organizations, is desired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders throughout the organization to support departments’ editorial needs including executive messaging/content, talking points and presentations as well as impact reports
- Serve as back-up media relations liaison
- Media monitoring and creation of ongoing metrics reports
- Maintain editorial calendar for FARE blog, writing and editing posts as needed
- Assist with drafting articles for organization newsletters
- Support website management through writing copy for any needed updates
- Field requests for usage of FARE copyrighted materials
- Edit and proofread materials
- Design support for internal documents and development support
- Be a passionate ambassador and steward for FARE’s brand and mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission FARE to diverse groups including donors, members, and the public.
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) strongly preferred.
- Editorial skills (editing, formatting, proofreading, style)
- Collaborative team spirit and a sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 3-5 years in public relations, marketing and/or communications.
- Experience with media monitoring tools preferred
- Experience with writing donor-focused newsletters
- Writing for web and experience with content management systems preferred but not required
- Experience managing projects and reporting measurable results