Guidelines for Using Teal Pumpkin Project® Logo and Materials
Thank you for your interest in helping promote the Teal Pumpkin Project® using FARE’s materials! Please take the time to read through the guidance on this page for using trademarked logos and wordmarks and/or copyrighted materials owned by FARE. These guidelines are in place to ensure that the campaign stays true to its goal: to create a safer, happier Halloween for all. And scroll down the page to view our FAQs on logo usage.
The Teal Pumpkin Project logo (seen on this page), as well as the phrase “Teal Pumpkin Project” are trademarked by FARE. For individuals seeking to use the Teal Pumpkin Project™ materials and assets found on FARE’s website or other platforms for personal use, there are some Do’s and Don’ts:
- Direct people you know to FARE’s website to learn more about the Teal Pumpkin Project.
- Use FARE’s materials in their original form (e.g., posters, flyer, images) to promote the Teal Pumpkin Project™ in your community and online.
- Use FARE’s materials or logos for editorial or informational use (e.g., blog posts, news articles) or fundraisers supporting FARE.
- Use the following statement when publishing editorial or informative content about the Teal Pumpkin Project "The TEAL PUMPKIN PROJECT and the Teal Pumpkin Image are trademarks of Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE)."
- Contact FARE if you are interested in using FARE’s trademarked logo or wordmark (“Teal Pumpkin Project”) for:
- a promotion, product or other commercial endeavor for profit. FARE has sponsorship and licensing opportunities that we are happy to discuss with you.
- a fundraiser for an organization other than FARE.
- You may not modify the Teal Pumpkin Project logo from its original form. This includes cropping, editing or altering the logo in any way.
- You may not modify or use content from documents copyrighted by FARE. This includes taking language, images or other intellectual property and repurposing it for other uses.
- The Teal Pumpkin Project™ logo and/or wordmark “Teal Pumpkin Project” are not to be used for commercial use, or on advertisements for commercial products unless agreed to in writing by FARE.
Additional guidelines are in place for for-profit companies seeking to use FARE’s materials for commercial use, advertising or other promotions. Please contact Isabel Monteiro Caliva at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in exploring these opportunities.
Download the Teal Pumpkin Project™ logo >
Back to the Teal Pumpkin Project™ homepage >
Teal Pumpkin Project™ Logo Usage FAQs
1. I want to print and use the Teal Pumpkin Project materials and logo for a community awareness event. Do I need licensing contract?
We're delighted to have your support spreading the word about this important, fun community event. You do not need a licensing contract or permission from FARE.
As you publicize your event and share about this campaign, please encourage everyone to pledge to support the Teal Pumpkin Project. Our goal is to have 100,000 households pledge their support for a safer, happier Halloween. www.tealpumpkinproject.org/pledge
Please consider incorporating a fundraising component into the event and/or outreach. The funds raised will help support and ensure the Teal Pumpkin Project movement grows each year! See here for a list of fundraising ideas. There may be one or two ideas that would add a great element of fun to the event/outreach.
Lastly, we want to see how you are celebrating Teal Pumpkin Project in your community. Don’t forget to share your photos using #tealpumpkinproject.
This also pertains to community groups like schools, scouting troops, churches, etc. and allergist/doctor’s offices who want to promote the Teal Pumpkin Project.
2. I’m a for-profit company and want to publicize Teal Pumpkin Project in our stores and advertisements. Does the same apply to me?
If you do not have plans to use the name or logo on items for sale, then you do not need a licensing agreement with FARE. However, in exchange for the use of the campaign name and materials in a commercial setting, we ask that you support the Teal Pumpkin Project by making a gift, hosting a fundraiser or donating a portion of sales of teal pumpkin related items to FARE. Please send an overview of your plans to promote and support Teal Pumpkin Project to Isabel Monteiro Caliva at email@example.com. Lastly, please promote the pledge campaign and use #tealpumpkinproject throughout your efforts.
3. When does a for-profit company need a licensing agreement/contract?
For-profit companies looking to use the Teal Pumpkin Project name or mark on items for sale and/or for marketing campaigns need a licensing contract.
4. I’m selling craft items related to the Teal Pumpkin Project™ that do not include the logo but relate to the Teal Pumpkin Project™.
Individuals or small businesses selling craft items (ex. teal-painted pumpkins) that do not use the Teal Pumpkin Project logo or name do not need a licensing agreement. However, we request that you consider donating a portion of the sales to FARE to support the Teal Pumpkin Project. If the sale of the items is a fundraiser for FARE, you are welcome to use the Teal Pumpkin Project™ mark and name to promote the fundraiser.
5. My family wants to make special Teal Pumpkin Project™ items that aren’t for sale at the FARE store like a yard sign and a baby onesie. Am I allowed to do that?
What a great way to show the community you support Teal Pumpkin Project! If you aren’t a for-profit company and do not plan to sell the items, then you can absolutely use the Teal Pumpkin Project™ logo and name in this way. If you are a for-profit company or individual who plans to sell the items, you will need to obtain a licensing agreement from FARE.