If you or your loved one has a food allergy, you are not alone. Reading about others’ experiences can help you navigate the world of managing a food allergy. Teens and adults with food allergies, as well as parents of children with food allergies, share their “True Stories” here.
Interested in sharing your own True Story with us? Please email email@example.com with the subject line “True Story” and this information:
- What are your food allergies (or your child's)? Age of diagnosis?
- Tell us your "food allergy story."
- Submit a picture of yourself or who the true story is about.
- What have been your biggest challenges and successes? What have you learned along the way?
- What has been the impact on your family or relationships with others?
- What advice would you give to those newly diagnosed with food allergies, or who are having a difficult time living with food allergies?
- How are you involved with the food allergy community? Do you belong to a support group, fundraise, or participate in local efforts to raise awareness?