Spread the Word
Social media is one of the best ways you can educate others and raise awareness of food allergies. We'll be adding more and more resources and tools as Food Allergy Awareness Week aproaches, so check back often!
Follow Us for Updates
Join us in tweeting facts about food allergies help educate and inspire others to take action!
- 1 in 13 children has a food allergy. That’s two in every classroom!
- Every 3 min, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the ER – that's more than 200,000 visits per year.
- 8 foods account for 90% of all reactions: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish.
- Food allergies can begin at any age and affect children and adults of all races and ethnicity.
- There was a 50% increase in food allergy from 1997-2007. Learn more about research on new therapies.
- What would you do if you saw someone having a severe allergic reaction? Learn how to respond.
Follow us on Facebook to be informed of exciting updates throughout May. Change your profile picture to a teal awareness ribbon to show your support!
These icons are ready to download and save as your profile picture on any and all of your social media profiles.
Download these images and upload to Facebook as your cover photo.
"What You Can Do" Shareable Images
There are many people who play a role in supporting individuals with food allergies. The images below give tips for how various groups can help. Right click on an image to save it to your computer and upload to Facebook, Instagram, etc.