Spread the Word
Social media is one of the best ways you can educate others and raise awareness of food allergies. We'll be adding more and more resources and tools as Food Allergy Awareness Week aproaches, so check back often!
Follow Us for Updates
Join us in tweeting facts about food allergies throughout the month of May to help educate and inspire others to take action!
- 1 in 13 children has a food allergy. That’s two in every classroom! Click to tweet>
- Every 3 min, a food allergy reaction sends someone to the ER – that's more than 200,000 visits per year. Click to tweet>
- 8 foods account for 90% of all reactions: milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish and shellfish. Click to tweet>
- Food allergies can begin at any age and affect children and adults of all races and ethnicity. Click to tweet>
- There was an 18% increase in food allergy from 1997-2007. Learn more about research on new therapies. Click to tweet>
- What would you do if you saw someone having a severe allergic reaction? Learn how to respond. Click to tweet>
Follow us on Facebook or download and share any of these fun fact images on your page. Change your profile picture to a teal awareness ribbon to show your support!
These icons are ready to download and save as your profile picture on any and all of your social media profiles.
Download these images and upload to Facebook as your cover photo.
Right click on an image to save it to your computer and upload to Facebook. Also be on the lookout on FARE's Facebook page to share more helpful resources in the coming weeks!