How You Can Get Involved
- Check our state-by-state proclamation map to see if your governor or a local official has made a proclamation declaring May 11-17 is Food Allergy Awareness Week. If they haven't, make it a point to request they do so next year!
- Use social media to encourage teachers, parents, and friends to get involved.
- Start a team for your local FARE Walk for Food Allergy and invite your friends.
- Ask a local sports team to add awareness messages to their jumbotron.
- Approach a teacher, scout troop leader, youth group leader, or coach about presenting the Be a PAL education program. This educational program, as well as our new activity/coloring sheet, "The Different Ways that People Eat," can help kids learn how to be a good friend to kids with food allergies.
- Order an official food allergy awareness T-shirt from MASSCanvas.
- Contact your local media outlets to pitch a story about food allergies. Customize our press release template and read our tips for media outreach.