How to Get Involved
These are just a few of the ways you can get started with raising awareness and inspiring action this year. Be sure to stay connected with FARE for the latest updates on our exciting events! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms to make sure you get all of the latest news.
How You Can Get Involved
- Use social media to encourage teachers, parents, and friends to get involved.
- Start a team for your local FARE Walk for Food Allergy and invite your friends.
- Ask a local sports team to add awareness messages to their jumbotron.
- Approach a teacher, scout troop leader, youth group leader, or coach about presenting the Be a PAL education program. This educational program can help kids learn how to be a good friend to kids with food allergies.
- Contact your local media outlets to pitch a story about food allergies. Download a template news release.
- Request that your state governor or a local official make a proclamation recognizing Food Allergy Awareness Week in 2016.
How Schools Can Get Involved
- Educate staff and students about food allergy by holding an assembly, posting awareness posters, and encouraging classrooms to read books and do activities like our Be a PAL education program or activity/coloring sheet.
- Send out a message in your school’s daily announcements and newsletter.
- Organize a school-wide fundraiser.