REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR - SOUTHWEST
Job Description: The Regional Development Director provides fundraising leadership for his/her assigned region. Establishes, manage and provides effective oversight for the regional fundraising staff, strategic plan and related activities, including special events, corporate fundraising, individual fundraising and volunteer management. Ensures that mission and revenue objectives are attained within the region, making significant contributions to the organization’s national development goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the National Director of Field Operations, establish strategic goals, action plans and budgets for fundraising. • Recruit, train, supervise and support the regional fundraising staff.
- Initiate and oversee regional fundraising activities, including galas, walks, school fundraising, individual fundraising and major gifts and provide subsequent follow-up and evaluation of campaigns and events.
- Establish/maintain critical regional relationships, including key donors, sponsors, member institutions, etc.
- Spearhead corporate fundraising within region.
- Spearhead major gifts within region.
- Oversee recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Serve as liaison for national fundraising objectives and campaigns. Represent regional interests and perspectives to national office, and relate national interests and perspectives to regional office.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing substantive programs.
- Demonstrated experience in researching/soliciting/cultivating donor, sponsor and corporate relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build teamwork and motivate a wide variety of individuals and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strategic yet tactical thinker. Demonstrated leadership, analytical and creativity skills.
- Sense of urgency and ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to travel extensively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proven fundraiser, with at least 5 years’ experience in all aspects of development and implementation of fundraising campaigns.
Qualified applicants interested in joining our dynamic organization should submit completed employment application and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reviewing your credentials. Should you be selected as a potential match to one of our openings, a member of our Human Resources team will be in touch directly to discuss next steps. Thank you.